September 11, 2009

S-M-R-T

Typos, ah typos! The joy they bring to us here at Crazy Savvy is nearly endless. It's not uncommon for Jen and I to find ourselves laughing at a particularly good typo for weeks.

My current favorite? That would have to be the Craigslist apartment listing my friend just came across, proclaiming the "contentious landlord." Freudian slip, perhaps? At any rate, my dear friend decided he wouldn't be compatible with someone who confuses contentious and conscientious.



It probably comes as no surprise that sloppy typos and grammatical errors rankle me — particularly when perpetrated by so-called communications professionals. It's one thing for the Mom & Pop appliance store I pass every day to post their sign advising that their parking lot is under "survailance" (and that's bad enough, right?) but quite another to see communications firms with grievous errors in their promotional materials. This week alone, I've seen it happen on multiple occasions.

Suffice it to say, Crazy Savvy's clients can depend on copy that is devoid of unintentional hilarity!

No comments:

Post a Comment