September 22, 2009

Running errands with art directors (and other tangents)

It's not particularly easy to do. In fact, as Erin and I embark on one of our many lunchtime productivity sessions together, swinging by bank / supermarket / liquor store / other crucial daily haunts (ha ... kidding ... ), we often find ourselves distracted by the abundance of bad advertising there is to behold. Frequently this involves us stopping traffic as we deride a nearby billboard, bus stop sign, or store facade.

"That's so bad," says Erin.
"Hello .... don't they get it that the visual and the copy should work together?" adds Yours Truly.
HONK! goes the angry person in the minivan behind us.
Meh. A day in the life, folks.

Occasionally we're pleased by what we see — particularly if it's one of our own. I have a distinct memory of cruising down a major road in downtown Minneapolis, only to see one of our billboards looming above us. Although it may not have been 100% legal for me to open the sunroof, stand up, lean out, and snap a photo, it sure was satisfying.

Also satisfying? The thought that, in 24 mere hours, I am going to be on a beach in Jamaica for some well-earned R&R. Fear not, though, Loyal Readers: Crazy Savvy will be in my wonderful business partner's capable hands (hands that may be clenched into jealous fists as she contemplates the thought of me sunning myself and dining on lobster and conch while the Minneapolis forecast is drizzle, fog, and cold).

Hah! I will stop being smug. Plenty of updates when I return. Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment