November 5, 2009

Fodder for Your Procrastination

Jen and I often spot typos, egregious errors, and assorted grammatical failures in our travels. However, it just wouldn't be nice to share them with you here, now would it? (Little known fact: we once ran a blog that did just that in our pre-entrepreneurship days!) Still, I know we're not alone in our proclivity for enjoying English-language mishaps so I thought I would share a few of our favorite destinations when we need a respite from deadlines and the to-do list.

First off is the "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. I will never tire of this site! It makes my head spin that so many people truly and utterly Do Not Understand the function of quotation marks. Always a pleasure.

We've also spent many a moment laughing ourselves silly over at the English FAIL blog. Good times, lovelies, good times.

Perhaps you are not a grammar geek? Well in that case, might I suggest you check out the ever-dependable Passive Aggressive Notes. It's always a happy distraction, I promise you.

Finally, anyone who has spent much time on Etsy will undoubtedly enjoy Regretsy. I'd tell you more, but, frankly, this is one you just have to experience for yourself.

And thus concludes my brief little tour of Internet amusements — my go-to sources for when I need a little pick-me-up. Got a good one I missed? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment