June 24, 2009

Ready for Our Close-Ups


Amid the flurry of preparations involved in readying our enterprise for launch, one of the most enjoyable to date has been posing for a photo shoot with a professional photographer. Yes, dear reader, I said it. As anyone who knows both of us would readily attest, I’m the more... shall we say...camera shy of our business duo. As the big shoot loomed large on the horizon, Jen was giddy with excitement and ready to strike a pose. As for myself, I certainly shared Jen’s enthusiasm for the final product, but I must confess I felt a slight bit of trepidation. Oh, the woes of an introvert on display!

And yet, soon after walking into our photographer’s funky St. Paul studio, I found myself feeling surprisingly at ease in the capable hands of a professional. As if the stunning work hanging on his gallery walls wasn’t enough to calm my nerves, Steve’s warm and professional demeanor went a long way toward letting myself relax and fully enjoy the experience. I think we laughed as much as we smiled during the shoot—as you can see in the outtake adorning this post.

After tagging along on countless photo shoots for the purpose of interviewing the subjects, it was nothing short of fascinating to be on the other side of the camera. Watching how seemingly subtle shifts in lighting and posture had dramatic results on the photos was a vivid illustration of the power of photography in the right hands. Our professional image will be much stronger and cohesive thanks to the talents of Steve Wewerka. Thank you, Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment