June 10, 2009

Hello, world. It's us.

Inaugural blog post. Phew. No pressure or anything.

Nah, I'm just kidding. I like the challenge of a blank page, always have. It's why I'm here, after all. "Here" being, for the moment, my business partner's dining room table, laptop in front of me, notebook on my right (covered in pink ink, natch), cell phone (also pink) a finger's length away so I don't miss anything. I try not to miss anything, ever, period.

People love to chatter on about the pitfalls and perils of setting up a business. Especially, they add ominously, "in times like these" ... as if risk is something new. I mean, I get it. Forms - business plans - marketing plans - portfolios - accountants - attorneys - web development - promotion - registration - tax law - public launch - identity - and am I even scratching the surface? (No, ma'am.)

But I wouldn't have it any other way. Crazy Savvy is a long-time dream, brought at last to sweet fruition. Full-spectrum communications and marketing solutions, brought to (one can hope) an adoring public by two extremely savvy (and maybe just a little bit crazy) writer-consultants who have spent two combined decades in the industry preparing for this. Do what you love, love what you do: it all comes back to this nifty little tautology.

We're nearly ready for public launch. Pitches, proposals, portfolios, promotion -- check, check, check, and check. As for those "what about the economy?" questions, well, any communications professional worth their Blackberry knows that it's even more crucial to refine your messaging and your marketing approach in times of uncertainty and doubt. And, no doubt about it, I am certain of this: This is the start of something wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment