December 9, 2009

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Today is the kind of day that I'm so glad that I get to call the shots. You see, the first big snowstorm of the season is under way in Minneapolis right now. It's ugly out there. And yet the true Minnesotans all around me are trudging forward. (Needless to say, I do not count myself in this hardy group.)

You can't turn on the news without hearing words like "blizzard," "snow emergency," "winter storm warning," and "wind chill."

I would like to replace those words with "down comforter," "laptop," and "coffee."

And the beautiful thing? Voila! Done. I am the mistress of my own working environment, after all. Which is not to say that I'm not working today, for I most certainly am. But in our line of work, I've always failed to see the reason for trudging through snow drifts and traffic jams to congregate in an office setting. If ever there was a good reason to collaborate via technology, I'd say winter in Minnesota qualifies nicely. And dare I say, working with a down comforter close at hand might even boost my productivity.

Keep warm out there, locals!

No comments:

Post a Comment