August 12, 2009

Painting the town

I'll admit it: when it comes to organization, I'm somewhat obsessed. (And "somewhat" is being pretty generous, truth be told.) I like order, I like categorization, I like neatness (except when it comes to the backseat of my car, which is a pathetic mix of high fashion, equestrian gear, books, and muddy paw prints). So it comes as no surprise to anyone that the filing side of the business is left to me.

But in order to have a logical filing system, one must first have a functional filing cabinet. Erin, the goddess of good deals, procured a suitable model for a winning price. The only problem was ... aesthetics. Not that there's anything wrong with corporate grey or anything, but at Crazy Savvy, Inc., we thought that even our office supplies should reflect our company character. So it was decided that we'd spray paint our filing cabinet a more suitable color.

Pink.

(Some of us may have lobbied for this color more ardently than others ....)

Today was the Big Day. After childhood memories that involved being told by my (understandably) concerned parents that perhaps it was best to leave the flammable materials side of science projects to steadier hands ... I was excited to finally play with spray paint. Pink spray paint, no less!

Even with a nearly 100 degree heat index, I was pleased as punch, spray painting away in Erin's gorgeous backyard. (Now made more gorgeous by the addition of some technicolor pink grass, might I add!) We unlock our creativity in all sorts of ways here at Crazy Savvy, and this was just one more example of (how we are not quite) business as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment